What is depression?
Depression can affect a person physically, mentally and emotionally. It can get in the way of your ability to work, sleep, and enjoy close relationships. This can leave a sufferer feeling alone with a heightened sense of guilt.
Symptoms of depression
- Low moods and loss of enjoyment of activities that usually make us happy for an extended period of time (over 2 weeks)
- Over or under eating
- Sleep disturbance or sleeping more
- Be preoccupied with the past, often with a sense of regret or guilt
- Difficulty in concentrating and irritability
- Suffer with poor short-term memory or a sense of absent-mindedness
- Experience a sense of dread or hopelessness about the future
If you experience any of these symptoms that are causing you concern please check with your GP as you may need further support.
How counselling can help
Talking about your experiences can help you understand what you are going through, being able to connect to feelings, thoughts and behaviours can help identify coping strategies and resources to care for yourself.
Please contact me for further information or to book an appointment.
- For individuals it is £20 for the initial assessment session, after this it is £45 per 50 minute session
- For couples sessions are £45 for a 60 minute session